Happy Tuesday! 🙂 I have been getting quite a few questions about my skincare and makeup routine lately, so I am going to share all of the products that I’m currently using. I love to try new products, so I am also always updating what products I use on my Makeup Favorites page and Skincare Favorites page here on my blog.
Morning Skincare and Makeup Routine
I’m going to try to keep this as simple and straight to the point as I can – I tend to go into too much detail. 🙂 Everything I mention from my skincare and makeup routine will be linked throughout the post.
- I use my jade roller (I keep it in the refrigerator so that it’s nice and cold – feels so good on my skin)!
- I wash my face with my CeraVe Cleanser.
- This is the point where I apply any serum that I am currently using – right now I have been loving the SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic (anti-aging serum) – I might try some other options when I run out of this. So any serum you want to try would work well here. I just recently started adding a serum to my routine, so I would like to try other products as well! 🙂
- After my serum absorbs, I moisturize with my CeraVe lotion. This is always my go-to affordable face moisturizer. I love some other moisturizers that I have shared as well, but lots of them run out really fast. So I come back to this most of the time.
- Once the lotion absorbs, I apply my sunscreen (just recently started using this and love). It is very important for your skin and also has other benefits!
- Once my sunscreen absorbs, I blend my It Cosmetics CC Cream into my skin with a brush. I wear the shade Light-Medium. I love this stuff! There is another foundation I love as well that you can get on Amazon. I get the shade Florentine Fair in that one. They are both full coverage and amazing – plus, they have extra benefits for your skin! 🙂
- Then I apply Tarte Shape Tape under my eyes with a damp makeup sponge. I wear the shade “16N Fair-Light Neutral”. It’s actually ON SALE for 50% OFF right now on the Tarte website! 🙂 Make sure to login to your Tarte account to get the deal (or quickly make an account).
- Then I add some powder to set my under eye concealer. I have recently just been using some Maybelline Fit Me powder or some Bare Minerals Powder, but I’ll honestly probably try out a few different ones over time. This powder on Amazon has amazing reviews, so I might try it too. *UPDATE: I just ordered this powder to try! I love Pacifica products, so I’m hoping I will love it! 🙂
- Then I add bronzer, blush, and highlighter. I use one contour kit for the bronzer and highlighter. If I want to put on less, I will just apply blush.
- Then I touch up my eyebrows a bit with a tiny bit of pencil and eyebrow gel. I recently starting tinting my eyebrows, so this saves a lot of time. I get the eyebrow pencil in the Taupe shade and the tinting kit in the shade Medium Brown.
- Neutrals are the only shades I use for eyeshadow. I don’t use enough of the colors in my current eyeshadow palette, so I will link a couple below that I plan on buying next. Then I add mascara. I have a couple FAVORITES linked below as well.
- P.S. Depending on my mood or if I’m going out, lots of times I will add a little bit of dark brown eyeshadow to my lower lash lines (mostly in the outer corners of my eyes).
- I also don’t really wear eye liner very often and have been wanting to try something new (I have the ELF liquid liner, and it works pretty well for the price). Anything new I try will be linked on my Makeup Favorites page. I want to try something a little more precise.
- At the very end, I spray my favorite hydrating mist all over my face (sometimes I use this NYX dewy setting spray too), and then I just add some lip gloss or tinted lip balm! 🙂 I’ve been loving the Buxom lip creams lately – the shades I purchased a few weeks ago to try out are: Pink Champagne, White Russian, Creamsicle, Hot Toddy, and Mudslide. I’ve also used the shade Dolly before and love that one too. I also like this affordable lip balm from Amazon (shades Cherry Me & Pink Punch).
Other powder options/lip options:
Night Skincare Routine
I just recently started using 2 facial cleansers at night, and it has made a HUGE difference! Here is my routine:
- I wash my face with an exfoliating cleanser from Amazon. It has AMAZING REVIEWS! This is a new part of my routine, and I can already tell what a huge difference it has made! I was having some cystic acne, and it is already gone after a week of using this!
- Then I use my CeraVe hydrating cleanser.
- Then I apply my topical prescription from my dermatologist (generic prescription for differin (the strongest version that you have to get a prescription for).
- This is the point where I might add a hydrating serum like the one I have linked below. I ran out of mine, and I haven’t been using it lately. I might add it (or something similar) back into my routine at some point. It makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated! If you have dry skin problems, this will take care of it!
- Then I use my CeraVe lotion.
- If I have any bad acne, I will add some benzoyl peroxide on any spots to dry it out while I’m sleeping.
Other Products I Frequently Use at Night
I also dermaplane at home about every 2 weeks or less with razors I get from Amazon. I use the razor right after I wash my face at night on clean skin. Sometimes I will also use a facial steamer. It feels amazing and cleans out your pores. 🙂 If I ever need to get any extra eye makeup off (even waterproof), I have used the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover for years.
As for self tanning, I will use the Coola serum for tanning my face every few days. I just mix a few drops with my face lotion at night. My favorite body self tanners are linked below as well. I put on self tanner about once per week. I also recently purchased exfoliating mitts for my body. It helps a lot if you exfoliate dry areas before applying the self tanner. 🙂
Like I mentioned, I am always trying new products, but this is currently what is working very well for me! 🙂
Many of you said that you prefer to shop for certain things at Target, so I’m linking a bunch of the products that you can also get at Target below.
Products I Mentioned Above That You Can Also Get at Target
I hope this skincare and makeup routine post has been helpful and that you all have a wonderful week! Playing with new products has been so fun for me right now, so hopefully you found some new ones to try! 🙂